It’s That Time of The Year Again…
SWIMSUIT SEASON! One of the most loved and
dreaded seasons in the life of every girl. However, I’m telling you to have no fear! You are perfect just the way you are. If you want to accentuate or hide some parts of your body, however, we have your guide to finding the perfect swim suit for your body size. Let’s face it, not everyone can pull off an “itsy bitsy teeny weenie yellow polka dot bikini,” but we’ll try our best to help you find a swimsuit that you can sing your own tune to!
So, let’s get to finding you that perfect swimsuit!
1. Petite – Petite ladies are just the cutest, but sometimes you might feel a little short. Ruffle bikinis will give you that extra oomph that you’ve been looking for. With my experience, high waisted bikinis will give you that retro look that everyone’s been obsessing over, and they will also elongate those legs. Also, play it up! Take advantage of the fact that you can wear almost any print and make it look good!
1. Melissa Odabash Trinidad Bandeau Bikini – $81 – theoutnet.com
2. TOPSHOP Red Texture Check Bikini – $68 – topshop.com
3. VOLCOM Waroses One Piece Swimsuit – $90 – tillys.com
2. Curvy – Curvy girls have more to love! You want to flaunt your curves but still keep it classy. The best swimsuits to flatter your body would be darker colors with halter tops and underwire, because these will support your girls. One pieces accentuate your curves in all the right places. If you are self-conscious about your bottom portion, skirted bottoms are always good choices too!
1. Black Cherry Halter One-Piece Swimsuit – $69 – torrid.com
2. J.Crew Candy anchor underwire tank – $88 – jcrew.com
3. Merona Women’s 2-Piece Tankini Swimsuit In Black – $25 – target.com
3. Large Bust – You’ve been blessed with a chest, now if only you could find the perfect swimsuit to show off your bust, but still also keep it tasteful. Underwire and halter tops are your most supportive best friends. Adjustable straps can do wonders too because you can customize your bikini to fit you.
1. TOPSHOP Black Cut Out Longline Bikini – $60 – topshop.com
2. Marie Meili Pearl Balcony Bikini Set – $45– nelly.com
3. Aeropostale Solid Slider Halter Top & Bottom – $35 – aeropostale.com
4. Small Bust – You want to show off what you have, and maybe even feign what you don’t. Padding and underwire will help a lot. Some brands make bikini tops that will even add two cup sizes! However, if you just want a bikini that will fit you nicely, a triangle or bandeau top is always a safe bet. Bold and detailed patterns also help give the illusion of a fuller bust.
1. Studded 2-Piece Bikini Swimsuit – $35 – target.com
2. Black Cherry Frill Bikini – $24 – fashionunion.com
3. Navy Stripe Frill Bandeau Bikini – $24 – fashionunion.com
5. Apple – You want to create the illusion of a slimmer waist, and you want to show off your shoulders. The best swimsuits for you would be bandeaus, high waisted bottoms, and rouched one pieces. With a little help from these swim suits, all eyes will be on you!
1. Miss Selfridge Anchor Bandeau Bikini – $46 – missselfridge.com
2. Women’s The Huxe Bandeau Swimsuit – $74 – 80spurple.com
3. J.Crew Ruched Bandeau Tank – $88 – jcrew.com
6. Pear – You want a swimsuit that can balance your bottom with your top. Skirted bottoms are always a good choice, as well as a lighter color on top to draw attention to your top rather than your bottom. Anything asymmetrical will work as well. Don’t be afraid to show off you’re your momma gave ya!
1. River Island Aqua Print Bustier Bikini Top – $24 – riverisland.com
( If you’re looking to splurge, also check out the NORMA KAMALI Ruched Low Rise Bikini Bottoms – $115 – brownsfashion.com )
2. Hot Anatomy Bandau Fringes Bikini – $99 – nelly.com
3. Fruto Do Mar Brown One Strap Bikini – $130 – glam-net.com
Happy swimsuit hunting! Don’t be nervous to show off your beautiful body, you are lovely just the way you are! Stay tuned for next month when we feature our favorite swimsuit prints and styles!